I have a confession to make. I’ve never made tacos before and I’ve probably only had tacos a handful of times. So, when I found out that the Recipe Redux Challenge this month is to recreate tacos, I was drawing a blank for ideas.
The one time that I do remember eating tacos is about 2 years ago at a restaurant and they were fish tacos. I used that as inspiration and created these Tandoori Salmon Tacos.
I decided to take it to the next level by making the tortilla from scratch! To my surprise, they weren’t that complicated and oh boy were they worth it. I followed the recipe for white tortillas by Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. I wanted to perfect white tortillas before I moved on to whole wheat tortillas. I will be trying the whole wheat version soon!
This is a very basic taco recipe but you can always amp it up by adding more toppings. You can top it off with sour cream or even my Pickled Mango (YUM!).
Tandoori Salmon TacosPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 salmon filets diced
- 2 tsp tandoori masala spice
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 small tortillas wheat or corn
- In a bowl, mix together chopped salmon, tandoori masala spice, lime juice. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add marinated salmon and cook for approximately 7 minutes until fully cooked through and slightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, mix together salsa ingredients.
- When ready to assemble, add 2 tablespoons of salsa and 2 tablespoons of salmon on a tortilla. Serve immediately. Optional: Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
To see other delicious taco recipes in this month’s ReDux recipe round-up, see below: