Now that Ramadan had passed, I’m gearing up to get back to my ordinary routine. If you’ve been following me for a while, you will know that I am a HUGE fan or meal prepping. I meal prepped all throughout Ramadan with overnight oats for easy suhoor, I made a batch of my Quick and Easy Pickled Mango so iftar would be that much easier, and I kept healthy snacks near by for fuss free post-iftar snacking (this helped me keep my milk supply while fasting!).
The reason I love meal prepping so much is because it allows me to make healthier choices when I’m short on time or not in the mood to spend a lot of time in the kitchen- essentially it lets the healthy choice be the easy choice for me and my family. One of my go-to recipes during Ramadan was my Spicy Salmon Burger that I shared for www.self.com. The great thing about these burgers is that they freeze extremely well! This means you can make a big batch and keep them in the freezer-perfect for grilling season or quick weeknight meals.
Spicy Salmon BurgersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- 3-5 green chilies
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 lbs salmon fresh or frozen, thawed
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except the salmon. Pulse to chop until onion is cut into small pieces. Add salmon and pulse until a smooth paste is formed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture onto the parchment paper, making sure that you shape each one as a disc, like a burger. Put in the freezer for at least 30 minutes until firm. If not eating immediately, store in a sealed container with parchment sheets in between each burger.
- When ready to cook, heat a frying pan with olive oil over medium heat and cook on each side for 5 to 7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Serve with whole grain bun.