I promise this is my last zucchini recipe for a long time! If you have been following along, you know by now that zucchini is such a versatile ingredient. It can be used in sweet or savoury recipes.
As we are getting ready for the fall weather, you may still have some zucchini leftover from the Farmers’ Market or your own garden. Today I am sharing a simple yet gorgeous way to serve zucchini. This Rose Zucchini Side Dish uses simple ingredients and doesn’t require any fancy equipment, just a vegetable peeler.
The trick to getting zucchini roses is to roll peeled strips of zucchini. To get a variety of rose sizes, roll a different number of strips. In this recipe, I rolled up 1 strip, 2 strips, and 3 strips. When rolling multiple strips together, simply start by placing strips on top of one another.
You will have a lot of zucchini leftover since it is hard to peel strips all the way to the centre. Save the zucchini leftover, grate it, and use it in this Whole Grain Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe.
Zucchini is a nutrition powerhouse. It is high in:
So you might as well figure out a way to add zucchini to your next meal!
Rose Zucchini Side DishPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- vegetable peeler
- 3 green zucchini
- 3 yellow zucchini
- 1 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of zucchini. Repeat for all zucchini. To make it easier to peel, rotate the zucchini and make peels on all sides. Save the middle part of the zucchini for another recipe.
- Grease a pie plate with olive oil. Roll zucchini strip and place into pie plate. Use a variation of only 1 strip, 2 strips, and 3 strips to get a variety of sizes of roses.
- Once pie plate is filled with zucchini roses, sprinkle breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, and red chilli powder.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until topping has browned slightly. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.