My Farmer’s Market visits have been a source of weekly inspiration when it comes to recipe development. After I came home with a variety of sweet, local fresh fruit, I started experimenting in the kitchen. The result was the most refreshing Fresh Fruit Rolls wrapped in rice paper with a side of Peach Sauce. As fancy as they look, they are super easy to make and sure to wow anyone, from kids to adults!
These Fresh Fruit Rolls start with a variety of fresh fruit. You can really use any type that you prefer, but I recommend choosing fruit that is in season since it will be a lot sweeter and more flavourful. I used strawberries, blueberries, and cherries. The fruit is then wrapped in rice paper. Rice paper can be purchased at most grocery stores in the International section. Rice paper must be soaked for about 30 seconds so that it can softened and used as a wrap.
I paired the Fresh Fruit Rolls with a Peach Sauce. The peach is cooked and pureed for a simple sauce. This is the only part of the recipe that requires cooking. I suggest making the Peach Sauce in advance and chilling it in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve. If you use a very ripe peach, you won’t even need to add any sugar. I added about a teaspoon of brown sugar to the sauce when it was cooking just for a bit more sweetness and it was perfect.
These Fresh Fruit Rolls would be an ideal dessert on a hot summer day after some good ol’ BBQ. These days, I am just trying to figure out ways to avoid turning on the oven because it is SO hot!
You can even get the kids involved and let them make their own Fresh Fruit Rolls by setting up a station with cut up fruit, rice paper, and a bowl of water.
You know what the best part is? These Fresh Fruit Rolls are PACKED with nutrients. Dessert doesn’t get healthier than this!
These Fresh Fruit Rolls are:
Low in calories
Very low in fat
Contains vitamin C
High in beta carotene
High in Potassium
Berries are known for their high Vitamin C content, which is an antioxidant. Vitamin C is essential for muscle and bone growth as well as helping your body absorb iron. Vitamin C, Selenium, and Beta carotene all play a role in maintaining the health of your immune system. Potassium is an essential mineral that helps keep your blood pressure levels in check.
Dessert that is delicious AND nutritious? I’m all about that. Go ahead, make these Fresh Fruit Rolls, which are essentially the FANCIEST fruit salad you will ever eat.
Fresh Fruit RollsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 ripe peach peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp brown sugar to taste
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup cherries pitted and quartered
- In a small saucepan, bring water and peaches to a boil. Mash with fork and remove from heat. Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan on low heat. Taste for sweetness and add brown sugar if needed (about 1 tsp). Pour into a small bowl and place in refrigerator.
- Fill a large dish with water. Soak 1 rice paper for about 30 seconds until softened. Lay softened rice paper on a clean dish towel. On each rice paper, place 4 blueberries, 3 strawberry slices, and 3 cherries. Fold both sides of the sheet and roll until sealed.
- Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets. Store rolls in a dish lined with a damp paper towel and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Serve rolls with dipping sauce.